Who we are
As a member of Every Nation Churches and Ministries we are committed to Church Planting, Campus Ministries, and World Missions
Why we exist
Where we started
Every Nation Church East Calgary started as a Big group in 2013 mobilized by Pastor Fer and Joy Cunanan from EveryNation Church Mississauga ONTARIO with Marlo and Jean Abalos along with other passionate Filipinos to honor God and make disciples in Calgary, Alberta.
Marlo and Jean had served in Victory Christian Fellowship Philippines prior of moving to Canada . They are immigrants and move to Calgary, AB in 1997 (Jean) and 2001 (Marlo). They have build their careers and served at University Church, part of Every nation family here in Calgary for 11 years until God led them to start a Big group in the East quadrant of the City of Calgary in 2013
In 2020 of February, Marlo and Jean were invited to join the Every Nation Canadian Pastors and Leaders Conference and were acknowledged and prayed over while they are leading Every Nation Church East Calgary.
Our church has started a Big group recently in Lethbridge, AB as part of the vision to be a church planting church.
But Jesus called them to Him and said, 'You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant'."
Marlo Abalos is the lead pastor of Every Nation Church East Calgary.
Marlo moved to Canada in 2001 to join his family.
Marlo and wife Jean have build their careers and responded with the call to do Ministry.They have 2 teenage children.
Marlo loves to cook,play bowling and drive up in the mountains during his free time.
What we value
Our Core values
Because Jesus is “King of kings and Lord of lords,” we believe that whole-hearted submission to God’s will and his Word is the starting point of the Christian faith and the foundation of all spiritual growth.
Because God’s heart is to reach the lost, we’re passionate about preaching the gospel and doing ministry in a way that engages people outside of the Christian faith. We seek to build churches primarily through evangelism, not transfer; through birth, not adoption.
JOHN 3:16, LUKE 19:10
Because we’re called to make disciples, our primary focus is establishing biblical foundations, equipping believers to minister, and empowering disciples to make disciples—not conducting meetings, facilitating programs, or building buildings.
Because we’re called to establish churches and campus ministries in every nation, we’re committed to a culture of empowering leadership. We’re intentionally multi-generational, and we deliberately create opportunities and platforms to develop the next generation of leaders.
II TIMOTHY 2:2
Because the family is the foundation and validation of ministry, we refuse to sacrifice our marriages and our children on the alters of temporal success. And because we believe God has called us to be a spiritual family, we embrace community, reject the idea of disposable relationships, and choose to walk in love, respect, and unity.
II TIMOTHY 2:2
What we Believe
WE BELIEVE . . .
- In the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- In one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, his virgin birth, his sinless human life, his divine miracles, his vicarious and atoning death, his bodily resurrection, his ascension, his mediatorial work, and his personal return in power and glory.
- In the salvation of lost and sinful man through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- In the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the unity of the spirit of all true believers—the Church, the Body of Christ.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Key Leaders Team
Our Global connections
Every Nation Music
Ignited by our passion for Jesus and His call to reach the nations, Every Nation Music is writing the soundtrack for our Every Nation family through our global community of songwriters.
We believe that every person regardless of race, ethnicity, or language has a place in the kingdom of God. Therefore, the songs we write and sing reflect and celebrate our diversity.
Through our music, we hope you feel valued, seen, and encouraged.